Two people are dead and more are hurt after a fatal house fire in Santa Ana. Several 911 calls were made shortly before 6am reporting the flames in the 2200 block of Hathaway St.
Firefighters were able to knock down the fire in about 30 minutes.
The Orange County Register reports that firefighters rescued four other people who were injuried and they were taken to Western Medical Center. One was in serious condition with burns.
The house was known as "Mary's Home" and was licensed to take care of people with developmental disabilities.
The Orange County Fire Authorty has determined the cause of the fatal Santa Ana house fire was accidental. Investigators say a faulty electronic device touched off the blaze. Estimates of damage are $250,000 to the structure and $125,000 for contents.