We keep hearing the California's Obamacare is a model for the rest of the country. After seeing the following collection of tweets from our friends at Twitchy, we agree. It totally fits with what's going on around the rest of the nation.
Here are some highlights of the agregious fail that is Obamacare and Covered California:
- The Blue Shield California website told @ChelsLady that her coverage was not active, but fortunately she will be able to access her non-active plan info until December 31, 2201!
- Erin Vest @QueenofSpain said that she could not get an IV, despite paying Blue Shield 12/31/2013. Covered California didn't bother to migrate her information over to the insurer.
- Multiple subscribers say they are receiving multple bills from Blue Sheld despite having already submitted payment
- Brokers have been unable to reach anyone on the special broker line for 3 weeks
- Multiple subscribers are reporting their doctors and hospitals are not included on the Covered California exchange plans. "The fact that @AnthemPR_CA does not cover any reputable hospitals in the San Fernando Valley is another story."
If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. FALSE.
If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. FALSE.
And it's still only January....